Wednesday, October 26, 2011

ça vaut le coup....

In about 24 hours I am saying good-bye to the US for about 2 years.  Many people ask me if I'm scared or excited.  It's a very difficult moment to articulate the emotions that accompany leaving.  Saying good-bye to Louisville, where I have lived for the last 12 years, was extremely difficult.  The people who are a part of your everyday life are no longer around.  It's a bitter-sweet moment.  Going to the mission field is the realization of a dream for me- the fulfillment of a calling heard long ago.  Stepping out in faith sometimes means stepping away from the life you've always known.  In God's graciousness, I know that I am not walking away from family or friends.  Those that I love and have grown to love will be supporting me along the way.  I pray that by my going, someone else is able to grow, heal, or step out in faith to what the Lord is calling them to as well.  I know that this journey I take across the ocean is just a continuation of God's story.  And who doesn't want to be a character in God's story of the redemption of His creation back to Himself.  So as I go I can only say that no matter the pages that follow, "ça vaut le coup"-- it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (creditloan11@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete